Women Leaders in Sports Awards
Women Leaders in Sports is committed to recognizing the achievements and successes of women working in athletics. Celebrating these accomplishments is an integral piece of advancing women in athletics.
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Kyra Kendrick.
Criteria for Submitting a Nomination:
- Nominees are eligible for consideration for only the year in which they are nominated. Nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years if they continue to meet the nomination requirements. (Does not include Lifetime Achievement Award Nominees; whose nominations stay active for ten years.)
- Nominations are accepted from individuals in any division (NCAA Division I, FBS, FCS, Division II, Division III, NAIA/NJCAA/Community College, and Conference/Organization).
- All individuals must be current Women Leaders' members, except for the Rising Executive Rising Star Award and Nike Lifetime Achievement Award, and meet award criteria to be eligible for nomination. Please note: Nominators who are non-members must partner with a current Women Leaders' member to support the nomination.
- Awards are selected by the committee solely based on information provided within the nomination form.
- Names and rankings of nominees by the Awards Committee shall be treated confidentially.
- Preference is given to nominees who are engaged with Women Leaders in Sports. (Lifetime Achievement Award; Preference will be given to nominees who are or were engaged with Women Leaders in Sports.)
- Nominees are ineligible if they have received an award within the previous three years.
- Current Women Leaders in Sports Board of Directors members are not eligible for annual awards.
To learn more about each individual award, please click the links below:
New in 2023: