Women Leaders in Sports provides the opportunity for members to connect and grow together in a fully virtual mentorship program. Talented rising professionals will be paired with an industry woman who may have similar career experience or area expertise. Mentors will have the opportunity to lift as they rise through coaching and connection with emerging woman leaders in sports. The program is designed to help mentees identify short- and long-term goals, and enable them to formulate an effective plan for accomplishing their goals.
This year we are taking the mentorship program one step further with the opportunity for open discussion between mentees and mentors. In what we hope is a transformational program, Women Leaders in Sports wants to encourage cross mentorship, where mentors and mentees can learn from each other in their experiences and expertise.
Applications for the 2024 Mentorship Program will open this Winter! Check back for future updates!
Desired Program Outcomes
Mentees will gain:
- Assistance in defining or refining career goals, strategies, and options
- Personalized development geared towards specific needs
- Increased commitment to current institution
- Tangible preparation for new role or responsibilities
- Refined capacity to forward-think when dealing with new conversations, responsibilities, jobs, or situations before they occur
- Initiated responsibility of paying it forward
Mentors will gain:
- Professional and personal satisfaction through empowering a less experienced professional to develop, grow and advance her goals
- Enhanced reputation/demonstrated position as a powerful contributor by visibly coaching mentee to success
- Increased understanding and connection to the work happening at different levels
- Exposed fresh perspective and inspired new and different ideas
- Honed leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to give back and serve fellow Women Leaders in Sports members
*You must be a member of Women Leaders in Sports to participate in the program.
Check out our Mentorship Program FAQ section if you have questions. Don't see your question? Please contact Madyson at [email protected]!